The term ‘Charles Buchwald and Friends’ or ‘CB&F’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of this website.
Our company registration number in British Columbia, Canada is 865 500 664 RT.
In the US we are a sole proprietorship.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without CB&F’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Canada
CB&F is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. CB&F strives to adhere to the provisions of the Infants Act (BC), Privacy Act (BC), the Personal Information Protection Act (BC), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada), the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and related legislation in force at the time any information is collected.
CB&F may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 27 May 2009.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to client surveys/offers
General Website Traffic
CB&F tracks the number of visits to our websites. All information gathered in this way is generic, and we do not track any individual users from this, but only calculate how many visits have taken place. For example, when you visit a CB&F website, we automatically collect such non-personal information as computer operating system (e.g. PC or Mac), web browser (e.g., Netscape, Mozilla) and the domain name of the internet service provider or application service provider (e.g., Yahoo, MSN).
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We use personal information collected through our website to help us to deliver the products and/or services you have requested, to perform quality assurance, sales analysis and other business analysis, to contact you in connection with your website.
- We maintain personal information only for as long as is it is necessary or useful, or as required by the Privacy Act (BC), the Personal Information Protection Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
We may use your IP address and your e-mail address for a variety of purposes, including:
- to estimate the number of web surfers in certain countries or regions of the world that visit our website;
- to fix Internet service problems pointed out by our users or by our information technologies supervisors; or
- to send you information and updates about activities, privileges, promotional offers, products and services offered by CB&F.
Your personal information will not be shared with anyone without your consent.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. CB&F uses third party service providers on an ongoing basis. CB&F requires these service providers to protect your private and/ or confidential information and to use it only for the specific servies they provide.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at CB&F
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This website and its content is copyright of Charles Buchwald and Friends.
© Charles Buchwald and Friends 2009 – 2018. All rights reserved worldwide.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. If you have any questions or concerns, please submit them in writing to Charles Buchwald & Friends.